Saturday, September 21, 2013

Baby-friendly party venue needed? Try Eatonville.

I've been to Eatonville on 14th and V Street, NW, for many occasions - happy hour, brunch and dinner. It's accommodating, and the classic southern fare always delicious. But what really sets this place apart is its infrastructure for large parties.

After my parents nearly divorced deciding where to throw my baptism party (I know, #firstworldproblems), Mom disliked Dad's promises to stake a patch of grass at Meridian Hill Park and unilaterally decided to book Eatonville.

Good thing she did since it rained that day.

The event planners she worked with are the same as Busboy and Poets' - professional, organized and willing to work with any budget.

We were able to throw a buffet lunch for 40 people, offer open bar and not sacrifice my college savings. Family and friends enjoyed Eatonville's signature shrimp and grits and country ham sandwiches on their hoop buttermilk biscuits. Vegetarians even had options with the mushroom and goat cheese spring rolls. And like every soul-inspired Eatonville meal, I highly recommend topping it off with Red Velvet cupcakes.

I was baptized when I was six months, and truth be told, I was only eating the fruit salad at the time. When I go now, as a one year old, I usually can finish my own entree. Not the healthiest of meals, but my favorites include their scrambled eggs and Grilled French Pork Chop with sweet potato mash.

Mom and Dad opt for the Southern Fried Chicken and BLGT (that stands for bacon, lettuce and green tomatoes) and usually start off with a salad - either the Apple Wood Smoked Tofu Salad or the Spinach and Roasted Cauliflower Salad - and a Bloody Mary.


Learn ABOUT ME and check out some of my BEST PRACTICES for eating out.


No comments:

Post a Comment