Sunday, April 12, 2015

American Ice Company

This place is ideal for a baby on warm days. Outdoors, background noise, spacious picnic benches for baby carriers or nursing, wide aisles for strollers and reasonable price points. I'm not the first baby to discover this place, I know.

We actually went here two days after I came home from the hospital. That was all it took for Mom, Dad and Grandma to get antsy. I traveled the few short blocks to American Ice Company (at 917 V Street, NW, WDC, 20001) in the Moby once I had been fed and changed.

We ordered beers and appetizers as soon as the waitress arrived, unsure how long we would be staying. It was some serious uncharted territory.

After nine months of quizzing waiters on non-alcoholic options, Mom was stoked to savor a crisp IPA. We shared a platter of veggie nachos before it was time for me to eat again.

Now that I'm older, I can do some serious damage to the pulled pork or brisket platter combo.We have the most success going on the earlier side of lunch and happy hour. This ensures space to spread out a bit and go crazy at the bottomless water station at the back of the outdoor patio. I'll definitely return.





No comments:

Post a Comment