Saturday, December 28, 2013

Leatherneck Steakhouse & Lounge - San Francisco

Thanks to Mike the Piano player, a rather quiet 5:30 PM Saturday night seating and a waiter who pretended to ignore my throwing bread rolls, a formal family dinner out at the Leatherneck Steakhouse went surprisingly well. 

As expected, there wasn't much my eight teeth could eat through on the steak menu yet I did nibble a bit on the creamy mac and cheese side. Although thanks to a vacation routine of grazing and Grandpa sneaking in chocolate eclairs, my routine of balanced mealtimes has fallen through the cracks, and "nibbling" has been all I've done for the last week.

By the time I started throwing peas and bread rolls, most of my dinner guests were finishing up their last bites of steak (all entrees include an iceberg wedge, so I should technically get credit for patiently dining for two courses). At that point, my aunt willingly scooped me up to walk a few laps around the bar where I ended up peaking over Mike the Piano player's shoulder. He even let me bang out a few notes. 

Leatherneck works if (a) you are looking for a more formal night out yet don't feel like a sitter, (b) want sweeping views of the San Francisco skyline and (c) seek a place that could shrug off a flying roll or two. Maybe the other kids dining weren't quite playing catch, but I did see a game of hide-and-go-seek happening under a neighboring table - behavior by other restaurant patrons which always puts my mom at ease. 

No comments:

Post a Comment