Sunday, February 23, 2014

The Many Faces of Cheesy Grits: More on Busboys and Poets


Fourteenth Street's Busboys and Poets continue to be a go-to destination to get out of the Polar Vortex. Mom and Dad cling to the fact they can for a fleeting moment sip cappuccinos amongst DC hipsters, and I can bang the spoon pretty loudly before anyone notices. As my appetite increases, so does our brunch tab. To minimize budget-busting, I usually bring something from home (e.g. clementines, cheese stick) and then Mom orders a side of fruit and Dad a side of the cheesy grits. The Oaxaca omelette, french toast, scrambled eggs and tempeh sausage continue to be a parent favorite. And when the grits arrive, I go all in and can't think of any other way to express my delight:






Read more about Busboys and Poets.


Learn ABOUT ME and check out some of my BEST PRACTICES for eating out.


No comments:

Post a Comment